Do you have to stretch every morning to get through the day? Does your back tighten up if you stand or sit at a desk for too long? Talk to our New York back pain doctor at ReBalance to relieve your pain. Get out of pain today for all your tomorrows.
- Do you feel a dull ache between your shoulder blades? Do you have radiating pain from your neck down your arm? Is your lower back sore all the time? Back pain can appear in many forms. Identify the pain in your back so you can have it treated.
- If you’re stressed out for a long period of time, your back may bear the brunt of that tension. Back pain can become chronic if you don’t have it treated. So, whether you feel a twinge, tightness, or stabbing pain, find out how to treat it.
The pain in your back is treatable! Get help today.
What Causes Back Pain?
Back pain is one of the main reasons people miss work. To treat your back pain, you must be aware of the cause. There are many possible reasons for your back pain. Some of these are serious, while others can be easily treated. However, it is impossible to tell without a proper diagnosis by a specialist. Some causes of back pain include:
- Muscle strain: Heavy lifting can cause muscle strain or even muscle tears, which can cause back pain. Sleeping on a mattress that does not support your back can cause muscle strain and bad back alignment. Sometimes, even sitting hunched over at your desk can cause your muscles to strain and cause pain in your back.
- Spinal deformation: Scoliosis causes a change in the shape of the spine. If a nerve is pinched in the process, this causes you pain, and you need to seek back pain treatment in NYС. Another spinal deformity that may be causing you pain is flatback syndrome. This is when the back loses its natural curve. It can be caused by spinal degeneration from old age or fracture. An excessive curvature in the spine, or kyphosis, can also cause back pain. This causes the head to bend forward too much and makes it difficult to lift the head up.
- Herniated disk: A herniated disk is likely to cause pain because it protrudes and irritates the nerves. The spinal disk has a soft center. When this center comes out of its hard shell, it is called a herniated disk. More than 3 million people in the US have a herniated disc, making it extremely common.
- Injury: Two types of back injuries can cause back pain. They include spondylolisthesis and cervical radiculopathy. Spondylolisthesis is when a bone in the lower back slips out of place. This causes severe pain in the back and may even cause shooting pains to the leg. Cervical radiculopathy is when a nerve root becomes damaged. Symptoms include numbness, altered reflexes, and pain radiating into the neck, shoulder, or arms.
- Arthritis: Arthritis is the inflammation of joints in the spine. This often causes lower back pain that may extend to the pelvis or the thighs. It is usually caused by osteoarthritis, which causes joints to wear down.
Types of Back Pain
When you want to know how to relieve back pain, contact ReBalance first. Our specialists review your symptoms, reach a diagnosis and develop a treatment plan. Your pain may have various causes — stress, an injury, or medical conditions are the most common culprits. Other types of back pain include:
- Upper back pain is often due to bad long-term habits like poor posture. You can get pain in the upper back areas by using poor lifting techniques or having an accident. Pain in upper back areas can be reduced or eliminated with proper treatment.
- Middle back pain occurs in the thoracic spine area from the T1 to T12 vertebrae. Contributors to middle back pain are obesity, muscle sprains/strains, herniated discs, osteoarthritis, fractures, and aging.
- Lower back pain. If you’ve wondered how to get rid of lower back pain, the answer depends on the cause. Some causes are a lumbar herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, facet joint dysfunction, and weakened abdominal muscles. Lower back pain treatment is possible at ReBalance.
- Lower right back pain is severe because it can indicate kidney issues. If you have an infection in your right kidney, it manifests itself through fever, inflammation, or tenderness in the area.
- Pinched nerve. When the bone or soft tissue around a nerve in your spine pinches it, the contact causes pain either directly at the pinched nerve site or in another area of your body that’s affected by that nerve.
- Sciatica is pain that travels along your sciatic nerve running down one of your legs. While the pain may become chronic if not treated, sciatica relief is available. In the meantime, you can help yourself by:
- Applying heat and ice to the area
- Walking for up to 30 minutes four times a week
- Improving your posture, which does help provide sciatica relief
- Sacroiliitis. Sacroiliitis is an inflammation in one or both of your sacroiliac joints. This pain requires treatment.
No matter what kind of pain you have, call ReBalance for relief!
How to Relieve Back Pain?
There are many types of back pain treatment. Which one you need depends on your specific injury or ailment. Chronic back pain relief is now available through the latest medical science and technology. At ReBalance, our doctors have comprehensive rehabilitation plans to give you the pain relief you’ve been searching for.
For lower back pain relief, middle back pain relief, or upper back pain relief, try the following natural treatments:
- Exercise. Stretching, light lifting, and aerobic exercises all produce healthy results.
- Alternating temperatures. Apply ice to reduce swelling and heat to promote healing.
- Reduce your stress. Try relaxation techniques to lower your stress.
- Massage therapy. Massage relaxes your muscles and your mind.
- Chiropractic treatments. Chiropractic manipulation is an effective upper and lower back pain treatment.
- Trigger point dry needling. Dry needling is a natural way to provide upper back pain relief, at least temporarily.
- Platelet-rich plasma injections. Platelet-rich plasma comes from your own blood. Injected at the site of pain, it is remarkably effective.
- Stem cell therapy. Using stem cells taken from your body, stem cell treatment puts their healing power right where you hurt.
Find the perfect treatment for your back pain!