Chronic Shoulder Pain
Are you finding your life getting more and more limited in the types of activities you’re able to participate in? If it hurts every time you throw a ball, rake the leaves or even hold your partner’s hand, you may have a serious case of chronic shoulder pain. You don’t have to suffer, not when pain-relieving treatment is nearby!
- If you’re ready to do something positive about your constant shoulder pain, visit ReBalance regenerative medicine clinic to find out if you’re a good candidate for our total health program. Men are finding ways to minimize and even get rid of chronic pain for good.
- Would you rather avoid surgery on your shoulder to alleviate the pain? The risks of surgery and the lengthy rehab can make anyone hesitate. Try the non-surgical treatment options that are working for many men in New York City today.
- If the limitations you’ve been experiencing are keeping you depressed and unwilling to venture out, you need our help. Want to be active and full of life once more? Call for an appointment today.
Change your life for the better — without pain!
Your Shoulders, Your Life
Your shoulders normally enjoy a wide and versatile range of motion; it’s the largest range of any joint in your body. They help you do so many things, from reaching an annoying itch on your back to putting on a shirt.
So, when something goes wrong with your shoulders, it affects your daily routine in the most trivial and crucial ways throughout your day. Chronic shoulder pain can constrict everyday life in many ways, not the least of which include:
- Keeping you awake at night
- Causing you pain while you’re dressing
- Making household chores like vacuuming or dusting impossible
- Not being able to hold a phone, book or newspaper
- Making driving difficult
- Sitting out most sports
- Not doing a physically demanding job
Daily Routines Upset
Chronic shoulder pain can turn your daily life into a painful and debilitating experience in a matter of moments. Many men even start gaining weight when shoulder pain conditions start. When you can’t maintain an active routine, you fall into a vicious cycle of discomfort.
When you’ve suffered from pain in your shoulder for more than three months, it’s identified as chronic pain. At ReBalance, we have to diagnose the cause of your chronic pain to successfully treat it. We recommend that you write down when your shoulder hurts most, what you were doing at the time and how severe the pain was.
When your life’s interrupted by chronic pain, find relief in NYC!
The Causes Vary
Your shoulder is actually made up of several joints linked by tendons and muscles. This organized combination is normally what makes the shoulder the most mobile joint in your body. When you suffer from chronic shoulder pain, joint pain can actually hamper your ability to do normal, daily activities for yourself. The causes of chronic shoulder pain vary tremendously, but may include:
- The degeneration of your bone tissue and joints
- Arthritis in your shoulder
- A damaged rotator cuff
- Inflamed tendons
- Injury to other parts of your body, such as your arms or neck <Link to Neck Pain>
- Heart attack
- Pulled muscles
- Inflammatory joint disease
- Sports injuries
- Muscle tears
- Myofascial pain syndrome
Shoulder pain may come from the joint itself or from any of the supporting muscles, tendons or ligaments. The pain usually worsens with movement. While diseases in your chest, like heart disease or gallbladder disease, can also cause shoulder pain, this pain doesn’t worsen with movement. Rarer causes of shoulder pain include tumors or cancer.
Relief from Chronic Shoulder Pain
Treatment for chronic shoulder pain normally includes rest, changing the way you perform some of your activities and learning exercises to strengthen muscle and make your shoulders and neck more flexible. Your doctor may also prescribe anti-inflammatory medicines to reduce swelling.
You may need to lose weight to take the pressure off your shoulder. Losing weight and strengthening your upper body help you get more active, too. A complete health assessment, advice about your posture and nutritional guidance can round out the self-care steps you can take.
At ReBalance, you have access to a wealth of natural treatments to reduce and maybe even eliminate your chronic shoulder pain for good. Regenerative joint treatments include:
- Platelet rich plasma supplement
- Stem cell therapy
- Individualized sports medicine techniques
- Chiropractic care
- Dry needling
Find out if you’re a good candidate for regenerative treatment at ReBalance!