Massage therapy is a healing modality that’s literally thousands of years old. It works by manipulating the soft tissue using the hands to knead, loosen and relax muscles throughout the body. Once thought to be a more exotic form of bodywork, massage today is a mainstream form of relaxation and pain relief for millions.
- Ever wonder where men go to get a therapeutic massage that also taps into their healing modalities? Do you have too much stress in your life that’s causing painful physical conditions? Now there’s one place to go in New York City: ReBalance. Find out about the ReBalance 360 total health program, which includes massage therapy.
- You’ve found just the place where men are discovering the joys of targeted massage therapy — and all the benefits they can get from it. When applied proactively as part of your overall wellness program, massage does more than just give you good feelings; it actually promotes your health.
- Are you dissatisfied with your current state of health? Experiencing too many injuries and not enough playing time? With the healing practices and wellness programs you get in the ReBalance 360 program, you can reclaim your wellness in all its wholesome goodness.
Massage Therapy: Not Just for Relaxation
The latest scientific research indicates massage has beneficial effects by promoting pain relief, relaxation and the release of stress while being a low risk form of therapy for most people. Relying on the team at ReBalance wellness center NY to provide your massage therapy means they can target specific ailments or pain zones you have.
There can be many reasons you might need massage therapy. The physical demands you place on your body can gradually cause tension and stress. You feel it in your joints, ligaments and tendons. Everyday activities that place stress on the body that leads to painful conditions can include:
- Hours spent sitting at a desk
- Working at a computer
- Heavy, repetitive lifting
- Operating heavy equipment
- Workout regimen demands
- Regular participation in a favorite hobby or sport
All of these ordinary, everyday tasks require repetitive movement, which can gradually lead to body tension, under- or over-developed muscle tone, poor posture, headaches and more. Massage can’t fix substantial injury caused by these conditions, but by easing the daily soreness and pain you experience, massage can remove obstacles to good health and help relieve the outcomes of stress.
Benefits of Massage Therapy for Men
Massage supports muscles and joints as you undertake other regenerative procedures at ReBalance. The many benefits of massage include:
- Relaxing muscles and joints for better functioning
- Easing body pain
- Reducing fatigue
- Releasing toxins stored in your muscles
- Improving or enhancing a variety of musculoskeletal conditions, including posture
- Stretching muscles and ligaments to improve flexibility and prevent injury
- Rehabilitation after an injury
Regular massage is one of the most popular regenerative procedures at ReBalance. After ruling out more serious medical problems, our specialists may incorporate massage therapy in your treatment plan to support your overall health while focusing on specific issues.
The Proactive Aspects of Massage Therapy
Massage is part of our total mind-body approach at ReBalance. Massage therapy comes in a variety of techniques:
- General massage, sometimes put under the umbrella of Swedish massage
- Sports massage, which targets chronic muscle tension through deep tissue work
- Myofascial massage, which helps release your fascia to relieve pain at specific trigger points in your body
By relaxing and stretching your muscles and ligaments, massage promotes better movement and increases your range of motion to improve workout (and workplace) performance while reducing the chance of injury. In addition to relieving tightness and pain, massage therapy supports your goals of achieving greater overall health as well. It can:
- Improve your body’s overall response to stress
- Support your nervous and adrenal systems
- Promote better digestion
- Help you sleep better
- Adopt a better posture
- Improve your focus
Things You Can Do to Help
Consider incorporating regular massage therapy into your schedule. Don’t do it just because it feels good, but because it helps support your overall health and aids in preventing injuries and other conditions. Your ReBalance specialists advise the following precautions:
- See a doctor right away if you experience severe pain
- Do not substitute massage for conventional medical care
- Discuss the advisability of using massage with your health care provider when you have conditions such as cancer, blood disorders and acute injuries or wounds, as certain types of massage may be harmful in these circumstances
- Keep your health care provider informed of all complementary care you receive
When you get massage therapy at ReBalance, it can be a significant part of freeing your muscles, joints and bones from the debilitating effects of stress and tension. Feeling less tense promotes better health.call now