PRP Hair Treatment & Restoration
Concerned with hair loss? our medical center in NY offers advanced PRP Hair Restoration treatments for men and women with moderate and early-stage hair loss. Don’t wait, contact us for a consultation, it’s free.
What Causes Hair Loss?
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, it is normal for women to lose approximately 50–100 strands of hair each day. These old shedding hairs are usually replaced with new ones. If you notice that your hairbrush and your shower have more shed hair than they used to, you might need to investigate what is causing you to lose hair.
The causes of hair loss are different, and the most common ones are listed below:
- Unbalanced diet
- Physical or emotional stress
- Absence of proper hair care
- Autoimmune disorders
- Hormonal imbalances
PRP for hair loss is a procedure designed to stop hair loss and get your hair to grow healthy again. Call us and ask to speak to one of our PRP therapists to discuss if PRP for hair loss is the right choice of treatment for your specific hair loss condition and age.
Sometimes, problems with hair may be a result of underlying hormonal imbalances, which we discussed previously. In many cases, once hormonal levels are restored, skin and hair texture improves automatically.
Sometimes it can be a stressful lifestyle or life-changing events such as pregnancy, surgery, or other chronic medical conditions that cause a person to lose her hair. Regardless of the reason, it is important to always address underlying problems and follow the simple hair-care strategies listed below:
- Keep your hair clean. Our hair is very absorbent, and it attracts and holds molecules of polluting substances from the air. Washing your hair helps to remove the chemicals that you might have absorbed from the air and to prevent them from being absorbed into your system.
- Treat your hair gently. Avoid over-processing and overheating your hair. Chemicals in hair coloring and high heat settings on your flat or curling iron can damage your hair, causing changes in your hair texture and hair loss. Choose natural and organic hair coloring products with fewer chemicals in them. Give color holidays to your hair by changing your hairstyle and color back to your natural looks, and don’t color your hair for several months. Treat your hair with nourishing and soothing creams or oil treatments to revitalize and support your hair.
- Protect your hair from damage caused by direct sun exposure. Sun exposure can cause damage to protein in your hair called keratin, which will make your hair thinner and more breakable. Choose hair-care products that are free of chemicals and contain sunscreen.
How does PRP work?
Platelet-rich plasma is a relatively new hair growth & cure treatment used for men and women with hair issues. This treatment is a minimally invasive, non-surgical therapeutic option available to people with alopecia.
Platelets are active components of the natural healing process. When activated platelets release growth factors and these molecules are responsible for activating and regulating the healing process in our body. Platelets release components such as Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF), Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF), and Transforming Growth Factor (TGF) among other bioactive components.
The evidence in the studies supports that the growth factors contained in platelet-rich plasma are responsible to help to stimulate hair follicle growth and promote hair restoration.
How Is PRP Performed?
At the ReBalance of Radiance Aesthetics & Wellness, the procedure is performed by a certified specialist in a clinical setting. The process of the procedure:
- A blood sample from your body is obtained ( similar to a regular blood test procedure)
- And prepared by spinning it in a special centrifuge machine.
- The specimen obtained is a liquid with the highly concentrated platelet-rich plasma, which contains many growth factors.
- Your scalp is prepared with a special microneedle therapy, and the platelet-rich liquid is injected into your scalp under local anesthesia.
After the treatment, your hair will be cleaned and you would be able to return home or work immediately. Anesthetic medication used to numb the skin is not sedating, and you will be able to drive or use machinery safely.
If you’re looking for a PRP hair loss doctor in New York to fight issues such as male-pattern baldness, PRP hair loss treatments using your very own blood to stimulate hair growth and stop hair loss may be the answer. Our PRP for hair loss treatment plan uses the latest advances in PRP hair restoration technology to produce effective results without causing any pain or downtime.
Because it works by increasing blood flow to your scalp, PRP hair loss treatment can help stimulate hair growth. This PRP hair loss treatment can be used in conjunction with other hair loss treatments to increase their efficiency It has been shown to improve hair regrowth and retention in people who suffer from alopecia, male-pattern baldness, and even female-pattern hair loss. Not everyone is a good candidate for PRP hair loss therapy, but those who do opt for it often see positive results within six months or less. Moreover, the reasons as to why hair loss ends up happening, are also something that should be taken into consideration as well. What this would help to do, is it would help to break down the situation in such a way, where a person can better understand the reasons for the hairless loss, which would aid in determining the kind of hair loss treatment that is needed for what needs to be carried out.
Is PRP For Me?
Even though there is no guarantee that the treatment has absolute effectiveness in hair restoration, preliminary results of the studies have promising results. The injection is considered a safe natural treatment since it utilizes the platelets from your own body and there is minimal chance of developing an allergic reaction.
This PPR hair restoration procedure needs to be performed several times (we recommend at least 3 therapies), every three to four weeks to be effective. It helps create new blood
vessels in your scalp and stimulate hair growth and in some cases, lead to a full hair
PRP is considered relatively safe and does not cause allergic or hypersensitive reactions. After the injection, you might experience a mild inflammatory response at the procedure site, which might cause tenderness of your scalp for several days.
Factors Hindering Efficiency
Some factors make this treatment not good or make it inefficient. For example, because it is a medication mostly prepared at the clinic, there are high chances of underdosing. Anything containing less than 3x concentration of plasma is viewed as an underdose. In some other instances, strong anesthetic medications used in conjunction with this kind of treatment are toxic to the growth factors released by platelets.
The cost associated with the plasma treatment especially if the platelets are commercially bought from the stores is high, and this can lock many willing candidates out of the treatment. Although, there are many ways of separating platelets from the other blood cells. Do not compromise on quality for a lower price.call now
Fill the form below and we will contact You!