Shoulder Arthritis Treatment NYC
When you start feeling the twinges of pain in your shoulder every time you throw a ball or do laps in the pool, what you may be feeling is the beginning of a painful condition called arthritis. You may think that the term only applies to the elderly, but even young and middle-aged men who’ve been playing hard and staying active can suffer from shoulder arthritis.
- Do you avoid activities that may require you to use your shoulder in a full range of motion? Would you rather let your kid throw the ball with his big brother? Do you make excuses for missing the company softball game? Learn about shoulder arthritis basics.
- You may be feeling the first stages of shoulder arthritis if the pain comes with movement. If you find yourself avoiding the use of a painful arm, you may be an ideal candidate for a sports medicine procedure. Find a natural remedy that gets you out of pain.
- Would you rather avoid surgery? Does no one want to spend time in a lengthy rehab after taking care of your shoulder pain? Are you tired of the chronic shoulder pain you live with every day? Get out of pain today!
Choose ReBalance for the range of pain remedies we offer!
It’s a Heavy Load to Carry
As a man, your shoulders are where you carry the weight of the world. As you mature into a provider, you learn how to carry even more weight, both physically and psychologically. One of the most common and painful conditions that face men as they age is joint deterioration. Arthritis is among the leading causes of disability in men.
The incidence of shoulder arthritis is staggeringly high among middle-aged men. Age isn’t the only factor, but it adds to your risk. Injury can cause arthritis at any age, especially if you played a sport or had a job that required repetitive shoulder motion. If you suffer from shoulder arthritis, your range of motion can be restricted, limiting your activities and hindering your lifestyle.
Symptoms of Shoulder Arthritis
The most common symptoms of shoulder arthritis are:
- Limited range of motion
- Clicks and cracks in the affected joint
These symptoms usually get worse with physical activity.
Arthritis that affects the glenohumeral shoulder causes pain in the back of the shoulder that can get worse when the weather changes. If the acromioclavicular joint is affected, the pain is localized to the top of the shoulder. Rheumatoid arthritis can cause pain throughout the shoulder.
Shoulder Arthritis Basics
There are actually several different types of arthritis that can affect your shoulder joints. Your shoulder has more uses and mobility than any other joint in your body. This means your shoulder is particularly susceptible to the condition. The most common types of arthritis are:
- Osteoarthritis. This is the classic wear-and-tear arthritis. It results from the ligaments, cartilage, and soft tissue in your shoulder breaking down. It’s noticeable because your shoulder becomes stiff, tender, and painful when you move it or after a long period of inactivity.
- Rheumatoid arthritis. This is a serious form of chronic inflammatory disorder. Not only is it a particularly painful condition, but it can also trick your immune system into attacking your joints.
- Post-traumatic arthritis. As the name suggests, this injury occurs after an accident. Instability in your shoulder can cause this condition even years after your initial injury. This condition causes fluid to collect in your shoulder, which leads to pain and swelling.
Stop your shoulder pain with effective, natural treatments!
Diagnosis of Shoulder Arthritis
A doctor can diagnose arthritis of the shoulder with a physical exam, X-ray, or CT scan. During your physical exam, your doctor will look for muscle weakness, signs of injury, other joint involvement, degree of range of motion, etc. X-rays and CT scans are imaging tests that help distinguish between different forms of arthritis.
Shoulder Arthritis Treatment Choices
Holistic, integrative therapy focuses on how you move, stand,and perform the most basic daily activities. The treatments of shoulder arthritis we offer at ReBalance include:
- Weight reduction
- Platelet-rich plasma therapy
- Stem cell treatments
- Laser remedies
- Dry needling
- Shockwave treatments
- A personalized exercise regimen
Imagine Life Without Pain
Imagine having your full range of motion and function restored. What would you do? Get back out on the tennis courts, in the pool, or on the baseball field without needing anti-inflammatory pain medication? Don’t wait until your symptoms get worse.
Giving your body the help it needs to heal correctly can make the difference between simply surviving and thriving. You don’t have to continue living in pain from shoulder arthritis. There are effective methods of treatment that don’t involve surgery or lengthy downtimes.
Get relief now at ReBalance!