Dermaplaning is a skincare procedure to remove vellus hair and dead skin cells from your face using a special scalpel or a dermablade. Your skin is your largest organ, but exposure to the surrounding environment may lead to skin damage. This procedure, performed by a licensed esthetician, removes damaged or dead skin cells, making your skin smoother and more youthful. Since ancient times, humans have searched for cosmetic techniques that can deliver better-looking skin. With advancements in medical technology, cosmetic procedures have improved in safety and efficiency. Dermaplaning is one of the most popular facial procedures for people looking for brighter, clearer, more youthful skin.
In New York City, Dr. Natalya Fazylova and Liliya Rudenko a Licenses Aesthetician at ReBalance offer professional dermaplaning to promote healthy, radiant skin. Your skin specialist performs personalized anti-aging and skin care treatments at their state-of-the-art facility in Manhattan to make you feel great and look better.
How Is Dermaplaning Done?
Dermaplaning is an in-office procedure carried out by a licensed aesthetician, dermatologist or another skin care professional. It’s a painless procedure that uses the same concept as shaving, but instead of a razor blade, your doctor uses a special Dermaplaning tool or scalpel. The steps involved in a dermaplaning session include:
- Initial consultation. Your doctor examines your skin to determine if you’re a good candidate for dermaplaning. The assessment also helps your skin specialist develop a diagnosis before starting the procedure.
- Skin cleansing. In your doctor’s office, you lie comfortably in a treatment chair. Before the procedure, your doctor cleanses your skin to remove dirt, debris, skin oil, and bacteria. After cleansing, the aesthetician pats your skin dry with a clean towel.
- Preparation of the skin. Your skin care specialist applies oil on your skin to allow the dermaplaning blade to glide more smoothly on your face.
- Dermaplaning. Your skin care specialist applies the dermaplaning tool at a 45-degree angle over your facial skin to remove peach fuzz and dead skin cells. Your skin care specialist moves the blade over different areas of your face to ensure it’s all smooth.
- Aftercare. The aesthetician uses a warm towel over your skin to remove any excess hair, dirt, and dead skin cells. The heat clears your face, improving the results. Finally, the most appropriate moisturizer or serum is applied to protect your skin.
For effective dermaplaning procedures, you need to work with the best skin care specialist in a clinical setting. The skin care professionals at ReBalance in NYC have access to the best tools and technology for safe, effective skin care procedures.
What Are the Benefits of Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is one of the most popular skin care treatments today because of its effectiveness. The procedure borrows from an ancient skin care technique. The benefits of dermaplaning include:
- Removing unwanted facial hair, the peach fuzz, to improve your facial aesthetics
- Reducing noticeable facial spots and acne scars
- Softening fine lines and wrinkles to reduce the effects of aging
- Removing dead skin cells to make your face glow
- Unclogging pores
- Easing hyperpigmentation
- Improving uneven skin tone
You enjoy smoother, better-looking skin after a dermaplaning procedure. Your dermatologist gets a good look at your skin, so any skin problems may be discovered and addressed at the same time.
How Do I Prepare for Dermaplaning?
After your initial consultation, your doctor sets an appointment for your dermaplaning procedure at the office. To prepare for the procedure:
- Don’t exfoliate. Stop using any exfoliating topicals or procedures. Your skin is sensitive and may become irritated after the dermaplaning procedure.
- Avoid sun exposure. For effective skin care treatment, protect your skin against sunburn. Dermaplaning is only feasible if your skin doesn’t have any damage.
- Avoid DIY dermaplaning. For the best dermaplaning procedure, avoid DIY procedures at home. The skin care procedure may look simple, but using the wrong tool or technique may damage your skin further.
- Reschedule in case of a breakout. If you have active acne or other skin conditions, talk to your doctor beforehand to confirm the procedure can continue.
Your skin care specialist at ReBalance provides instructions before your dermaplaning. Stay in touch with your doctor leading up to the procedure.
Am I a Candidate for Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a safe skin care solution for anyone who wants bright, youthful skin. The factors that determine if you’re a candidate for the treatment include:
- You have peach fuzz on your face.
- You have healthy skin with no active skin conditions.
- You’ve tried other skin care procedures in the past without desired results.
- You suffer irritation after waxing or using topicals.
- You don’t have sensitive skin or raised vascular lesions.
- You don’t suffer from hirsutism or excessive facial hair caused by a hormonal imbalance.
Dr. Natalya Fazylova and Liliya Rudenko, licensed aestheticians at ReBalance, determine whether you’re a good candidate for dermaplaning. The team at this NYC medical practice has the expertise and technology for the most effective skin care procedures. Contact the skin care professionals at ReBalance for dermaplaning, as well as other aesthetic and anti-aging treatments, such as laser treatments, skin care treatments, and medical aesthetic treatments.call now